Oneplus Nord 2 5G Allegedly Explodes In Gown Of A Delhi-Based Lawyer, And Company Responds
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G began to smoke before bursting in the advocate's chamber, according to reports.
A OnePlus Nord 2 5G phone is said to have burst in the gown of a Delhi lawyer. On Wednesday, the incident occurred in one of the chambers of a court in New Delhi. The person who was harmed by the incident revealed details of the incident on Twitter and is now preparing to sue OnePlus. It's the second time that the OnePlus Nord 2 5G has been accused of catching fire. The OnePlus phone was released in July, and the first case of an explosion was only recently reported online.
Advocate Gaurav Gulati was sitting in his chamber on Wednesday morning when he started feeling the heat coming from his gown's pocket. He told Gadgets 360 that shortly after sensing heat on his lower body, he took out the OnePlus Nord 2 5G handset he had in his pocket and saw smoke coming out of it.
“I immediately threw the gown and once my colleagues and I went close to the phone, it exploded. The entire chamber was filled with smoke after that,” he said during a telephonic conversation.
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G unit in question was purchased on August 23, as per the screenshots posted by the affected user on Twitter. He had started using the phone just a couple of days before the blast happened.
“I didn't even transfer the data from my old phone,” he said.
The user also mentioned that the OnePlus Nord 2 5G “was not in use or on charging” when the heat started to emerge.
“I am still in trauma and not able to come out of it,” he said.
Gulati told that he was in process of filing a first information report (FIR) against OnePlus Managing Director and Amazon executives for the explosion that resulted in burn injuries near his stomach. He said that he had immediately called the police after the event and went for a medical examination to proceed with an official complaint against the manufacturer and seller.
“It's like you are carrying a bomb after spending Rs. 30,000–35,000,” he stated. Gulati used Twitter to inform the public barely hours after the incident. The incident was first reported by MySmartPrice.
OnePlus claimed in a statement that despite several tries, the user refused to help "conduct a proper diagnosis" after the event was reported on Twitter.
In a prepared statement, the firm claimed, "A few days ago, an individual contacted us on Twitter about an alleged blast case for the OnePlus Nord 2, and our team immediately reached out to this individual to verify the veracity of the claim." “We take every report like this very seriously because we care about the safety of our users. However, despite multiple attempts to analyse the device, including a visit to the premises yesterday to examine it in the individual's presence, he has so far denied us the opportunity to perform a proper diagnosis. Under such circumstances, it is impossible for us to verify the legitimacy of this claim or address this individual's demands for compensation.”
Gulati told that he refused to hand the phone unit to the OnePlus team who came to his office because he thought it was callous and that the crew could distort the evidence of the phone's malfunctioning.
“Rather than taking the problem seriously, the team that arrived to my house told me that the phone must have provided a smooth experience,” he stated.
A user in Bengaluru reported an explosive issue with the OnePlus Nord 2 last month. In one situation, the business said that the results showed that the device's damage was caused by an isolated incidence involving external circumstances, not by any manufacturing or product defect.
OnePlus Nord 2 5G was launched in July with a starting price of Rs. 27,999. The phone carries a custom-designed MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI SoC as well as a 4,500mAh dual-cell battery with support for Warp Charge 65.