'Anti-Drugs Bureau Let 3 People Go': Maharashtra Minister Releases Videos

"NCB's Sameer Wankhede stated that 8-10 persons were apprehended following the cruise operation. However, the truth is that 11 persons were apprehended" According to Nawab Malik.

'Anti-Drugs Bureau Let 3 People Go': Maharashtra Minister Releases Videos
'Anti-Drugs Bureau Let 3 People Go': Maharashtra Minister Releases Videos

A week after Aryan Khan, celebrity Shah Rukh Khan's son was arrested along with eight others on a cruise ship off the coast of Mumbai, Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik revealed certain recordings Thursday afternoon, raising questions about the anti-drugs agency's investigation. Mr Malik claimed that after speaking with BJP leaders and alleged collaboration, the NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) had freed three of the 11 people detained initially.

"After the raid on the cruise, NCB's Sameer Wankhede had said that 8-10 people were detained. But the truth is that 11 people were detained. Later, three people - Rishabh Sachdeva, Prateek Gaba and Amir Furniturewala - were released," Nawab Malik said today. Their names came up during a court hearing, he added.

"We'd like to know who directed the NCB to release the three people after they had detained 11 people following the cruise ship raid. We demand that the NCB disclose the facts. We believe there was some discussion between Sameer Wankhede and BJP leaders "The NCP leader went on to say that the BJP's Mohit Kamboj had freed his brother-in-law Rishabh Sachdeva. 

Mr Sachdeva, Amir Furniturewala, and Pratik Gaba were filmed exiting the NCB office, according to Mr Malik. He also called for a probe by Mumbai Police. "Mumbai Police's Anti-Narcotics cell should conduct an independent investigation into this. I will write to the Chief Minister (Uddhav Thackeray) also. If required, an enquiry commission should be set up to probe the raids," the 62-year-old leader said. The NCB, refuting all claims, said their probe is being conducted fairly and professionally and that the accused were treated as per law.

"14 people were brought to the NCB office that day. Their statements were recorded. Eight were arrested on the basis of evidence and six were released since there was no evidence against them," said Gyaneshwar Singh, Deputy Director-General, NCB. Mr Malik had previously stated that the NCB's activities are intended at defaming the state, which is governed by Congress, the NCP, and the BJP's former ally, the Shiv Sena. "The NCB will only act if there is publicity involved, whether it is with Rhea Chakraborty, Deepika Padukone, other celebrities, or Aryan Khan. Many of the cases are bogus; no money has been recovered "On Thursday, Mr Malik stated. 

Aryan Khan was denied bail on Friday. He'll have to spend the weekend in jail. His lawyer argued that because no narcotics were found on him, he could not be held liable for the seizures made by others. A Mumbai magistrate's court said Friday that Mr Khan's bail plea was "not maintainable", agreeing with the Narcotics Control Bureau that since drugs were seized a Sessions Court must hear the matter.

The NCB argued that releasing Aryan Khan would be detrimental to the case. He could tamper with evidence and influence witnesses, according to the agency. It further claimed that Aryan Khan and the others were "frequent contraband users." While the anti-drugs agency claims to be looking into certain "incriminating WhatsApp messages," Aryan Khan's lawyer has denied the allegations. Mr Malik stated today that three people who were released were referenced in the talks as well.